In partnership with CBSSports.com
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
Let's try to keep all the coaching search news contained to one thread, since there should be a lot that doesn't necessarily pertain to Florida. Obviously we'll keep you up to date with what's going on as it relates to Florida, and there will be separate threads for those. But otherwise, let's keep it in here.
Some quick bullets on what's gone down before. Will try to keep this top post updated with the latest.
- Gene Chizik out at Auburn.
- Derek Dooley out at Tennessee.
- John L. Smith out at Arkansas.
- Joke Phillips out at Kentucky.
- Tom O'Brien out at NC State.
- Jeff Tedford out at Cal.
- Frank Spaziani out at Boston College.
- Rob Akey out at Idaho.
- Danny Hope out at Purdue.
- Mike Price out at UTEP.
- Bill Cubit out at Western Michigan.
- Jon Embree out at Colorado.
- Bill Curry out at Georgia State.
- Ellis Johnson out at Southern Miss.
- Skip Holtz out at USF.
- Northern Illinois open (Doeren to N.C. State).
- Arkansas State open (Malzahn to Auburn).
- Wisconsin open (Bielema to Arkansas).
- Gary Patterson and Chris Petersen emerge as Auburn candidates? LINK
- Lot of talk about Jon Gruden to Tennessee.
- Some small talk about Jimbo Fisher to Auburn.
- Lot of talk about James Franklin to NC State.
- Decent amount of smoke about Chris Petersen to Arkansas.
- Lot of talk about Bobby Petrino for several opening, including Auburn and Tennessee (LINK).
- Some talk about Charlie Strong being a candidate at Tennessee (LINK).
- Derek Dooley fired at Tennessee: LINK
- Gene Chizik fired at Auburn: LINK
- Joker Phillips fired at Kentucky: LINK
- Tom O'Brien fired at N.C. State: LINK
- Jeff Tedford fired at Cal: LINK
- Frank Spaziani fired at Boston College: LINK
- Kentucky talks to FSU DC Mark Stoops about job: LINK
- Kentucky has hired FSU DC Mark Stoops: LINK
- N.C. State has hired Northern Illinois HC Dave Doeren: LINK
- Auburn has hired Arkansas State HC Gus Malzahn: LINK
- Arkansas has hired Wisconsin HC Bret Bielema: LINK
To be updated as they happen.
This post has been edited 21 times, most recently by Thomas Goldkamp 19 months ago
Staff reporter. Twitter: www.twitter.com/Goldkamp247 | Facebook: www.facebook.com/swamp247
Is the Jimbo Fisher to Auburn talk legit?
Not sure, that's why I've got it in the rumblings section for now. I imagine there will be some stories about it one way or another sooner or later to give us a clearer idea. If and when there's link of confirmed talks, I'll move it to the reported section and update you in the thread.
With Chizik out, does CWM take a chance with Trooper?
I hear Fulmer is a possibility to UK
Goons belong in hockey.
I for one hope Jimbo doesn't go to Auburn. IMO Florida State has reached a peak with him, and I don't think he has what it takes to take them where they could be, which is going 13-0 in the ACC and playing for titles basically every year. No reason they shouldn't be doing that with the talent and resources they have.
I wouldn't mind personally, instability never helps a program. I just can't see f$u getting a top flight coach in there. It will probably be a retread or "great up and coming" coordinator in the mold of Jumbo.
Also, what does it say about your program when your coach is willing to leave a conference champion and 11-2 team to go coach at a program that is currently in shambles and that is historically under Bama's foot? Auburn can only hope to recruit as well as f$u, and they have to break the rule$ to do that.
Jeff Tedford out at Cal
BERKELEY, Calif. (AP) -- Coach Jeff Tedford was fired on Tuesday after 11 seasons at California that began with great promise and ended with a disappointing run of mediocrity.
auburn can have him. im sure weve got the cash to hire chris peterson from Boise.
i cant imagine him bolting for auburn unless they do something moronic like offer him 5mil. its not out of the realm though because auburn always does ridiculous things
FSU Ambassador to the masses
Thanks, forgot about the West coast.
Petersen to Arkansas? I call bullsh!t on that one. The guy's a Boise State bumpkin. He's not going anywhere.
And is NC State a better job than Vandy? Franklin would probably run ish in the ACC, but I think he;s deserving of one of these bigger SEC openings.
Good question on Franklin. He's come from the ACC, so he's probably more familiar with it, which may make it easier for him to have quick success there.
God I hope not. I don't want a real coach inheriting all that talent at FSU.
I feel like if Peterson left Boise it would be for a Pac 12 school
There are a decent amount of rumblings about Pinkel being out at Mizzou too
"Live in the moment." - Billy Donovan
Latest is Frank Spaziani getting the axe at Boston College. Lot of smoke billowing right now, will confirm as soon as I see some sort of official report.
This post was edited by Thomas Goldkamp 20 months ago
Pretty sure Petersons kid has a very rare disease and all of her treatments and doctors are in Boise. That is what has kept him there. I thought I read somewhere he said the only place hed leave for is Oregon because that is where he is from and has family.
Yeah, Peterson stays at Boise State. If he does leave, it will be for another job on the west coast.
The Arkansas rumor is ridiculous.
Spaziani confirmed by the Boston Globe. Will post link when I see one.
Link on Spaziani firing.
Almost immediately after one of the worst seasons in the history of the BC football program mercifully came to an end, the athletic director Sunday announced that Spaziani, who spent the year as the dartboard for critics frustrated with a second straight losing campaign, will not return
My bad wrong thread
This post was edited by PoloGator1074 20 months ago
Follow me on Twitter at www.twitter.com/LukeStampini
Danny Hope out at Purdue.
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports