In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 588
Online now 493 Record: 5026 (1/15/2014)
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
First off, I am going. Anyone else going to Nashville to watch our Gators?
Anyways, I was wondering what the SEC tournament would look like if the SEC ended today. Who would play who and who would have the double byes? I know there is a log jam for 3rd and 4th. I am guessing those are solved by tie breakers? Anyways, someone who has time, could you please lay out the brackets for us-if season ended today?
I always like looking at these things and discussing.
I was wondering, has anyone here been to the SEC Tournament? What is the best way to go about buying tickets. My plan was to go down early Friday and hope to buy tickets off the street. Is this a good idea? Or do I need to find tickets before I leave? I know Nashville's Bridgestone Arena is small, so will it be harder to get tickets? Will BBNs struggles make it easier? Also, if anyone here has 2 tickets and are interested in selling them, please LMK.
You'll be able to find tickets fairly easily. With it being in Nashville I'm sure UK will still have a pretty good turn out. Once they get bounced, you may even get them for free... That's happened to me twice in Atlanta when UK was bounced.
This post was edited by gatordd 14 months ago
Me & my twin sons drive up for the 1 pm tip on Thurs. Gators - should be the #1 seed, so they will play the 1 pm Thurs winner on Fri at 1 pm. There will be tiks outside after teams are eliminated every day.
I'm really enjoying following the basketball team this season. Have exceeded my expectations! Conference & Tourney Titles would be a great way to kick off the NCAA's.
I'll be there, but I'm definitely planning on buying tickets off the street. Once Kentucky loses it's going to be EASY to get them.
Grrr I really want to but it's not on spring break this year. Trying to make it work for at least the weekend games. Long drive!
Anyways, standings if tourney started today 6 games out:
1. Florida 11-1
2. Alabama 9-3
3. Kentucky 8-4 (H2H vs. Ole Miss)
4. Ole Miss 8-4
5. Arkansas 7-5 (H2H vs. Missouri)
6. Missouri 7-5
7. Georgia 6-6 (2-0 vs. UT and LSU total, UT and LSU revert to 2 team tiebreaker)
8. Tennessee 6-6 (no H2H vs. LSU, 0-0 vs. #1 UF)
9. LSU 6-6 (no H2H vs. UT, 0-1 vs. #1 UF)
10. Texas A&M 5-7
11. Vanderbilt 4-8
12. Auburn 3-9
13. Mississippi State 2-10 (H2H vs. South Carolina)
14. South Carolina 2-10
Tiebreakers should be right, but a lot to change with 6 games left.
Past President of the Rowdy Reptiles (Men's Basketball Rowdies).
That's exactly what I was wanting to see. Thanks Prez! I bet this will look totally different come SEC Tourney time.
I live an hour north of Nashville so the trip is an easy one for me. I for one wish the SEC tourney was there every year. Even in a down year it will be an overwhelmingly pro UK crowd. But I hope to see a ton of Gator Nation out there.
Good news for you, it will be for pretty much every year but next year with a couple still TBD.
The Amway would be a heck of a place to have it in Orlando. No basketball being played there at the moment!!
Awesome sportzfrk! Looks like you're now the official Gator Board Bracketologist!! You need to update every Monday now until tourney time in Nashville!!
I was just getting ready to say that! Why not have it in Orlando or even Tampa? That would be great! I don't think anyone would complain to go to Florida in March!
The Amway is the most state of the art, newest arena in America, tons of stuff for visitors to do, plenty of hotel rooms and as you say kb - walk outside & take in the mid Feb weather we're having - much less March!!
Speaking of the Amway Center, it is host to the 2nd and 3rd games of the NCAA tournament next year. How great would it be for our Gators to play there? First, however, lets finish this season with a few CHAMPIONSHIPS!
Forgot about that kb! Would be nice!
I will update after each "round" of games. Standings through 13 out of 18 games:
1. Florida 11-2
2. Alabama 10-3
3. Kentucky 9-4
4. Ole Miss 8-5 (2-1 vs. Missouri and Arkansas)
5. Arkansas 8-5 (1-1 vs. Missouri and Ole Miss)
6. Missouri 8-5 (1-2 vs. Ole Miss and Arkansas)
7. Tennessee 7-6
8. Georgia 6-7 (3-0 vs. LSU and Texas A&M)
9. LSU 6-7 (1-1 vs. Georgia and Texas A&M)
10. Texas A&M 6-7 (0-3 vs. Georgia and LSU)
11. Vanderbilt 4-9
12. Auburn 3-10 (H2H vs. South Carolina)
13. South Carolina 3-10
14. Mississippi State 2-11
Through 14 games:
1. Florida 12-2
2. Alabama 10-4 (H2H over Kentucky)
3. Kentucky 10-4
4. Ole Miss 9-5
5. Arkansas 8-6 (2-0 vs. Missouri and Tennessee)
6. Missouri 8-6 (No H2H vs. Tennessee, 1-1 vs. Florida)
7. Tennessee 8-6 (No H2H vs. Missouri, 0-0 vs. Florida)
8. Georgia 7-7 (H2H over LSU)
9. LSU 7-7
10. Texas A&M 6-8
11. Vanderbilt 5-9
12. Auburn 3-11 (H2H over South Carolina)
13. South Carolina 3-11
14. Mississippi State 2-12
Bracket unchanged from last update, but still attached again.
Three buddies and I have been going to the tournament almost every year since it started again. Since I live in St. Petersburg I really don't like Florida venues...like to get out of town a little bit. The only exception is Atlanta. A dome is the worst place to watch a basketball game. Nashville is great. Memphis has been good. Even New Orleans was OK despite being in a dome. But no more Atlanta PLEASE.
Through 15 games:
1. Florida 12-3
2. Alabama 11-4 (H2H over Kentucky)
3. Kentucky 11-4
4. Ole Miss 10-5
5. Tennessee 9-6 (No H2H vs. Missouri, 1-0 vs. Florida)
6. Missouri 9-6 (No H2H vs. Tennessee, 1-1 vs. Florida)
7. LSU 8-7 (H2H over Arkansas)
8. Arkansas 8-7
9. Georgia 7-8
10. Vanderbilt 6-9 (H2H over Texas A&M)
11. Texas A&M 6-9
12. Auburn 3-12 (H2H over South Carolina)
13. South Carolina 3-12
14. Mississippi State 2-13
Through 16 games:
1. Florida 13-3
2. Alabama 11-5 (H2H vs. Kentucky)
3. Kentucky 11-5
4. Missouri 10-6 (Split H2H vs. Ole Miss, 1-1 vs. Florida)
5. Ole Miss 10-6 (Split H2H vs. Missouri, 0-1 vs. Florida)
6. Arkansas 9-7 (H2H vs. Tennessee)
7. Tennessee 9-7
8. Georgia 8-8 (H2H vs. LSU)
9. LSU 8-8
10. Vanderbilt 7-9 (H2H vs. Texas A&M)
11. Texas A&M 7-9
12. Auburn 3-13 (1-0 vs. MSU and South Carolina combined, No H2H vs. MSU alone, 0-1 vs. Florida)
13. Mississippi State 3-13 (1-0 vs. Auburn and South Carolina combined, No H2H vs. Auburn alone, 0-2 vs. Florida)
14. South Carolina 3-13 (0-2 vs. Auburn and MSU combined)
I hope the SEC standings end up like they are today. UK, Arky, UT, and Bama all on the other side of the bracket. I would take that all day.
I'd rather play UK(this year only), Bama, and Arkansas rather than Ole Miss, Florida, or Missouri.... I would love for the bracket to stay as is...
Btw... You guys better beat the brakes off UK next weekend and congrats on the comeback today.
Thanks sportzfrk for posting that! Go Gators!
It will be interesting to see who ends up in the 4/5 spots that would be opposite us in the semifinals. As of today, that would be Missouri at 4 and Ole Miss at 5.
Billy the Kid, age 48,
5 SEC Championships,
2 National Championships...
Sportzfrk-you're the man for keeping us updated on the SEC Bracket possibilities! Cheers buddy!
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports