In partnership with CBSSports.com
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
Will get his fifth star...
Can't say I agree but obviously, Muschamp does. He never relented in this kid's recruitment. It's a good look for the good guys, so there's that.
JC Shurburtt 21008 posts
Unofficial state breakdown of five stars...
This is subject to change
Florida 6, Georgia 4, Texas 3, Pennsylvania 3, Indiana 2, California 2, Virginia 2, Maryland 2, Alabama 2, Mississippi 2, Washington 1, Oregon 1, Louisiana 1, Illinois 1
Its plenty happening. Follow along with us all day today!
Godfather Dundee....Tell me why some are down on this kid ? I know nothing about any of these recruits, Other than what i learn on this site....So give me the cliff notes good sir
Daniel too? 2 in Indiana...
It's bc he played in a kiddie league and didn't dominate. Imagine a bad_sa ten year old jit taking karate lessons with a bunch of seven year olds. Jit already got the black beat and everything. All these other kids got the white and still working on the green. All the kids enter a tournament together, right? And while the 10-year wins the tourney, he has zero first round TKOs. Sup wit that?
Yep. Daniel too
I say we all chip in and get Gibb an Anzalone jersey. Who's in?
"You're not a good guy, you go somewhere else. We'll play you. We'll beat you."
I am in
Ho Bra, Slim Charles Dundee at first i was like i no more get um...But then i was ohhhhh k i get um. you the guy.Mahalo
Walk softly but carry a big stick.
This one may be deeper and more well rounded but I'm not sure we'll ever touch the 2010 defense (especially at the top) just look at the numbers, 247 rankings of 1, 4, 6, 15, 22, 38, 42, and 49 all on defense? Martin, Shaw, and Dowling didn't exactly work out but on paper that defense class at the time untouchable... Even more impressive because Strong left in December before signing day
anzalone - in his favor:
1. All major recruiting services have him ranked highly,,,so experts who have seen him , project that he will be a college stud if not more (NFL) potential
2. had a good showing in UA game apparently
3. has measurables...he looks all of 6 3" 225lb+ already...no clue on athleticism / sideline to sideline speed etc
4. looks like he is a good kid/good academics , will be a non-problem / good in locker room kid + gator legacy (dad went to med school or something at UF)
5. he is versatile -- could be a fullback / h-back / TE type down the line in theory
1. HS film not all that apparently
2. stereotype - he is a white kid from small time PA football -- not many elite white LBers (similar to RB) to project success easily esp in SEC - is this kid really going to meet an Eddie Lacey type in the hole and win that battle?
3. more stereotype - reminds me of that kid Beal from PA or NJ we signed under Urban that we battled USCw for and kid eventually transferred to Minnesota when he had no chance vs FL born and bred beasts like Bostic/McCray etc
4. we got what 3 albino gators (as affectionately referred to by teammates) in this class on defense - sherritt, rolin, AA -- what are we ND or Stanford?? not sure how that works in SEC to be brutal about it
if this is from his week of practice at the under armour game id say thats a good sign he can play with the best
Ok so AA's negatives are
1. Mediocre HS film
2. He's white
3. He's white
4. He's white
Plays church ball in Pa, he committed to ND and tOSU before UF.... add all that to his other negatives and I'm thinking low 3* at best..77 rating.
Which recruiting websites do you guys feel are the most accurate in ratings players?
Ive always used Rivals in the past for rankings, but I have never been apart of an insider site that does its own rankings.
247 hands down overall
Yes, but didn't he eliminate some of that fear with his UA game performance? Kid was playing with all the black belt 10 year olds, and was one of the top performers (2nd in tackles).
Winningest Program in College Football since 1990!
Honestly i don't care about his film or if he's white, black, brown, red, pink, or purple.
Muschamp recruited this guy, and Muschamp is one of the best defensive minds in the country, IMO 2nd only to Nick Saban.
If Muschamp sees something in the guy than that is all i need.
This post was edited by CLF4L 18 months ago
Call me racist if you want. But I don't want no pink mother F'ers on my team!!!
Or blue! Oompah-lumpahs scare me...
Who started the rumor that he didn't dominate in high school? This year he had 100+ tackles, rushed for 1500 yards, and led his team to a state championship...what more do you want?
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports